What we Offer…
It may be the summer season, but the Graduate+ team are still busy working away, and preparing for the new semester that begins this September. Today we thought we’d give you a brief overview of the different resources & areas we cover within the award programme – who knows, you may discover something totally new to you!
First things first, although we offer a wide range of different things, our award framework is what you’ll be doing when you decide to join us in September, or now during the summer if you want to get ahead.
The award is made up of the following levels:
Each level follows on from the next, so you may want to begin your bronze level during your first year and then complete platinum in your 3rd year, or if you’re feeling brave you could do them sooner, it’s totally up to you.
Within each level YOU get to choose which activities you do & submit, this could be attending a personal tutor meeting, welcome week, course induction, joining a BCUSU society, attending a workshop & more… there are over 500 bronze activities alone, so we’d be here all day going over the different options.
For more information about the award you have the option of booking a virtual tutorial where you’ll meet a member of the team via Microsoft Teams. Book a slot via the website here.
One of the most exciting parts about Graduate+, apart from getting a certificate with your name on, is all the online resources we have on offer for you to explore! All of these programmes & websites are designed to assist you with your future professional & personal development, to ensure once you graduate BCU, you’re ready for the working world & will have a whole host of new transferable skills under your belt.
The following is a brief overview of our resources, to get more in-depth information & sign up check out our website - https://graduateplus.bcu.ac.uk/
- Potential.ly – a personality profile where you’ll get unique insights into your own personality in just 15 minutes.
- CV360 – Our new online CV checker tool which conducts over 50 industry standard checks into your CV, along with giving you in-depth advice to improve yours.
- Rosetta Stone – Do YOU want to learn a new language? You can do just that with our online learning language platform.
- Information & Resource Portal – This includes links to Careers+, Students Skills Store & our newly updated eLearning Hub, crammed full of articles, videos, podcasts & short courses!
- Curriculo – This is the career & leadership game changer! It’s an online programme made up of 5 unique levels, all designed to help you become more work ready for your future, you’ll love this.
- LinkedIn Learning – All BCU students have free access to LinkedIn Learning! Here you can take part in 1000’s of short & long courses on a whole host of different areas & specialisms.
- JobFit – JobFit is an online virtual experience, it’s like a game but one where you’ll be learning a lot in the process! You are working on improving your employability based skills, once you’ve completed you’ll also receive a PDF job report too.
- Blackbullion – With Blackbullion money saving couldn’t be easier! This is a great platform with lots of useful modules on budgeting, student finance & more.
- Big White Wall – this is an online community & website all BCU students have free access to. It’s a mental health & wellbeing hub with dedicated support, information & a community that cares.
Get your Award Workshops
Finally, if all of that wasn’t enough, we also organise regular virtual workshops to help you achieve your Graduate+ award. Check out our Eventbrite page to keep updated with the latest events & workshops taking place here.
So, that’s your overall roundup of the different resources & support available through the Graduate+ award programme. We look forward to seeing you soon!