Today we caught up with student blogger Olivia Thompson who shares some exciting goal ideas for 2021!
Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
I hope you have all had a refreshing start to the New Year. Although 2020 was full of the unpredictable, I am hoping for an amazing 2021.
At the beginning of each year, I like to set myself some goals to achieve over the next 12 months. In this blog, I’ll be listing some realistic yet exciting goal ideas.
Remember you can personalise your own goals to what suits you best.
1. Learn a new language: helps to boost your future career choices and learn a second language. Rosetta Stone is free for all BCU students. Get in touch with the helpful Graduate+ team to set up your account - click here to find out more.
2. Set a savings goal: if you have part time work during the holidays, think of a realistic savings goal. A money tin is also a great way to easily save some extra coins and you can treat yourself at the end of the year when you eventually open it up! Save money with Blackbullion, find more information here.
3. Travel: think of a country you’ve always wanted to visit and pop this on your list. It’s great to do some sight-seeing and explore the variety of cultures around the world. View the top 50 places to visit here.
4. Eliminate a bad habit: do you procrastinate a lot? Or could you be more organised? Think of a habit you’d like to work on and take small steps to eventually eliminate or reduce this. Find out more here.
5. Regularly exercise: taking care of our bodies is very important. Not only is regular exercise good for our physical health but it’s also great for our mental health. Why not join try some online exercise classes or create a mini workout plan to use at home. See free workout planners here.
These are just a few ideas to consider when making some goals for the new year. I hope you found them useful.
Wishing you all the best of luck with Semester 2!